Protect A Girls' Image Organization is a humanitarian organization that exists to provide advocacy for substance use disorder, preventing adolescent pregnancies and bring positive transformation to vulnerable children and their families.
PGIO is established as a social advocacy initiative that plays an important role in the whole campaign against drugs and substance abuse, early adolescent pregnancies and other social and economic family challenges in mutual collaboration with society and stakeholders. We serve at-risk children in Nairobi and Central regions alongside dedicated staff, volunteers, and partners like you.
Due to the cumbersome nature of drug abuse and early pregnancy cases, we partner with a chain of various professionals and service providers who help us execute our intervention strategies effectively. They are the following:
- Social workers to Identify the biological, environmental, behavioural and social causes and consequences of drug use and addiction across all our areas of operation.
- Advocates for increasing awareness and access to information that can empower children, families, and communities to overcome substance abuse and addiction.
- Counsellors to develop new and improved treatments to help teenagers with substance use disorders achieve and maintain a meaningful and sustained recovery.
- Social workers to Increase girls’ access to evidence-based and evidence-informed programs to prevent teen pregnancy.
- Media and advocacy team for social and display media for educating and raising awareness on preventing early adolescent pregnancies.
- Hospitals and Rehabilitation centres for medical examinations and reports.
- Counsellors offer psychological and psychosocial support to the beneficiaries.
- Our staff for community outreach and advocacy.
- Youth coordinators to implement strategies to improve other social and economic family challenges that may affect our beneficiaries.
We strongly believe in putting our values into action as an expression of our passion for humanitarian work. We use the right channels to engage the right people who will ensure a case is executed in the appropriate way and within a reasonable time interval.
Our Impact in Numbers
Passionate about championing the interests of rape survivors in Kenya!
Our main work is in Nairobi and Central areas.
The result of hard work together.
Donate or get involved and be part of change now.
Impact Lives with Your Gift
Your donation will go a long way in supporting PGIO achieve its objectives.